Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lee Michaels 1971



Been 14 days since I don't know when
I just saw her with my best friend
Do ya know what I mean?




-----------------------------
Up late at night reading blogs. One had a link to a music video on YouTube. I never can watch just one YouTube video. I have to watch lots and lots and re-live the halcyon days of my misspent youth.

Ended up singing along and dancing in my chair until dawn.

sigh

There's four hours of my life I'll never get back.

One of my favs is Lee Michael's "Do You Know What I Mean?" from 1971. I have to listen to it several times with the volume cranked up to 11. Dude knows how to rock a Hammond organ.

The most memorable lyric:




woo



Comes right in the middle of the song surrounded by total silence on either side. That little quiet woo speaks volumes.

No comments: