A lady was moving and culled her 20-year collection of art books. She took about 75 books to the Tuesday Open Studio group telling them, "Take all you want and DON'T BRING THEM BACK!"
By the time I looked through the stack there were about 20 books left. I took these eight plus a stack of "The Artist's Magazine." Had I bought all these they would have been at least $200. Woot!
When I'm finished with them I'll pass them on. I don't need an art book collection either!
The stack, itemized:
- Painting Watercolor Portraits that Glow, Jan Kunz
- The Watercolorist's Guide to Painting Buildings, Richard Taylor
- The Watercolorist's Essential Notebook, Gordon MacKenzie
- Texture, Martin Davidson
- Practical Watercolor Painting, Gerald Woods
- The Encyclopedia of Calligraphy Techniques, Diana Hardy Wilson
- Basic Oil Painting Techniques, Greg Albert & Rachel Wolf
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Oil Painting, Edited by Marian E. Appellof, Watson Guptill publishers.