Friday, May 21, 2010

Art Book Score

Journaling:

A lady was moving and culled her 20-year collection of art books. She took about 75 books to the Tuesday Open Studio group telling them, "Take all you want and DON'T BRING THEM BACK!"

By the time I looked through the stack there were about 20 books left. I took these eight plus a stack of "The Artist's Magazine." Had I bought all these they would have been at least $200. Woot!

When I'm finished with them I'll pass them on. I don't need an art book collection either!


The stack, itemized:

  • Painting Watercolor Portraits that Glow, Jan Kunz

  • The Watercolorist's Guide to Painting Buildings, Richard Taylor

  • The Watercolorist's Essential Notebook, Gordon MacKenzie

  • Texture, Martin Davidson

  • Practical Watercolor Painting, Gerald Woods

  • The Encyclopedia of Calligraphy Techniques, Diana Hardy Wilson

  • Basic Oil Painting Techniques, Greg Albert & Rachel Wolf

  • Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Oil Painting, Edited by Marian E. Appellof, Watson Guptill publishers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, oh Boy! You did score bigtime!