Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Sudden Attack of Foliophilia

Journaling:

Had to get out of the house for a while and found myself wandering down the crap aisle at Wal-Mart. They had stacks of journals marked for clearance. Woot! Like I need another journal.

Found two of this [brown] leather one with creamy pages that were graph gridded. Have no idea what I'll do with them but the paper was too luscious to pass over. Maybe I'll do some sketching with a brown Pigma in it. The grids won't bother me as much as lines would.

Found the [three] Red-n-Blacks for $5.00 each. I couldn't pass up any journal book for $5. Don't know what I'll do with them either. The paper is super slick and I had lusted for it when they were full price.

I was testing all my pens on the grid paper and got to the set of Staedtler pigment liners. Ohhhh...they slid across the paper like greased lightning. What a dream to draw with! I had forgotten.

Need to break these out and draw them dry. They are Roz Stendahl's favorite "must-have" pen. They're available locally so that's a big plus.

No comments: