Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not a Nurse



Hubby is rarely sick. In fact, this is the first time he's been sick since I've known him...going on 30 years. He just doesn't get colds, flu, stomach bugs and gut bugs like normal people. Because of that he's being a big ol' baby. He's not going to die but he thinks he is.

This has all brought to bear something I've always known in my heart - I am NOT a good nurse. May it's just that Hubby isn't a good patient.

I did all the nursey type things. I checked his temperature, brought him aspirin for the fever, cold cloths for his forehead, medicine for his tummy, changed his sheets, bought some bland foods, and fixed him things to eat.

However, there's only a certain amount of moaning and bellyaching I can tolerate.

No, you are NOT about to die, you're just sick. Now be quiet and go back to bed! Sheesh!

No comments: