Friday, April 16, 2010

Museum Head or I Need a Muse



Cleaned out some old photo files on the computer and found one of this guy. He's just a head, part of a sculpture exhibit from who knows where. I thought he was wonderfully weird looking and liked the way the light accentuated the strange chiseled cheekbones.

Late at night I want to draw. I have a passion, a need, a craving, to make marks. But I don't want to draw the stuff in my house. Yawn. Nor do I want to draw more flowers (although the purple iris have bloomed and are gorgeous.)

I also don't want to draw from other people's photos. That's their creative work and I don't really want to duplicate it. Sometimes I do just to work on a technique, but I want to create something original, something from my head. But what?

My imagination is rather unimaginative lately. What to do, what to do?

I need a muse.

No comments: