Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cat with Pickles


This is a concept sketch for a future painting. The idea has been bouncing around in my brain for a while.

I'm thinking of painting it Van Gogh-ish with all bright, pure colors and the brush marks showing; soft edges on the cat, harder edges on the jar.

It would be gouache or acrylic (if I ever get around to opening the set). I don't think my vision could be realized in watercolor.

Here's the color scheme:





And the weirdness factor of the day...

This is an image from a dream I had several nights ago. It got stuck in my gray matter and I had to draw it out to get rid of it.



It was an erotic dream.

Send in the shrink.

I asked Hubby what he thought it was. He said a uterus with fallopian tubes. Um, no.

You are welcome to venture a guess what it is, but I'm not tellin'.

No comments: