Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hubby Reading - Oil Pastel

(Oil pastel)


The Hubster, reading yet another Clive Cussler book in bed on a Sunday afternoon. Smudge wandered across his chest several times during the sitting making it difficult for him to read and me to draw. Yes, we have wildly exciting weekends.

I have come to the conclusion I have no idea what I'm doing with these oil pastels. There is probably some time-honored technique of using them that results in a decent drawing. I, obviously, have not yet found that technique.

I had bits of colored stuff all over my hands, the paper, and the dresser serving as my drawing perch. Ewwww! Retreated back to my desk and rubbed around on the drawing with Q-tips trying to make something of it.

Rubbed the bits of his face that should have been highlighted and the pastel medium lifted away leaving just a minimum tinting on the paper. Hey! Cool effect. I'll take that!

Even though this drawing ended up very goopy, I think it's kinda cool in an American Primative Folk Art kinda way.

No comments: