Friday, January 29, 2010

Falling Down

This is my entry for "use THIS reference photo" #9; a scene from the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas and a bald-headed guy.

The guy on the left is supposed to be Michael Douglas. I'll wait for you to get through laughing.

drums fingers on desk...

The guy on the right is supposed to be bald-headed. I went in the weeds with the shading on his head and it kinda looked like he had on a watch cap. I just shrugged, drew a little more and made him one.

I like how bald-headed guy turned out, especially his eye, nose and hands. Michael Douglas not so much. He looks a little cartoony and nothing I did seemed to improve the effect. I finally had to put the pen down and call it done before I ruined it completely.

Pentel Pocket Brush Pen
PITT brush pen - light gray

No comments: