Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baci di Roma - Kisses from Rome


Journaling:

Made another 2008 scrapbook page today with the stamps and card Blogger buddy Willym sent from Rome. (He had signed it Baci di Roma.)

This guy was on one of the stamps. It says "Cappella Sistina - 1508-2008 - Daniele" That means this is Daniel from the Sistine Chapel. Oh. Slaughtering the Masters in Watercolor.

Sigh. I didn't know. I really didn't know. I thought Cappella Sistina was the name of the painter and I misread Daniele as Danielle (female.) Doh! What was I thinking??? The package was mailed from the Vatican. Vatican = Sistine Chapel. Hello Einstein.

Daniel does look a bit feminine here except for the massive forearm and big ol' hamhand. And he must have been having a rillyrilly bad hair day when he posed for Michelangelo.

The scrapbook page from Rome was the last of the pages from 2008. That's *just* the ephemera that's been scrapbooked, none of the photos.

Today Hubby and I went through all the digital photos we took in '08 and tried to cull them down to just the really good ones. Sometimes that's an easy task, sometimes not so much. Now I need to get them printed and mounted.

At the rate I'm going maybe I can start on 2009 sometime before Christmas. Sheesh!

1 comment:

Willym said...

this is too funny for some reason I clicked on the post about the ashtray caption which of course resulting in you being sent that letter - and then I come on over here and ... eccola!