Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fantastic Fourth!

Journaling:

1.) Classic car show with Mr. Hotdog, Cindy Lou and Pooter 2.

2.) Saw some cool little remote control airplanes. They fly 80 MPH. Local air shows every Sunday 1:00 to 4:00.

3.) Then lunch - bacon, eggs and toast with a Belgian waffle for dessert.

4.) Then naps.

5.) Drove to the state line to see a historic monument. Turned out to be a hulking piece of concrete deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a swarm of mosquitoes. Took some photos to draw later.

6.) Then to Spearsville, Louisiana to eat at Hollis Seafood - boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, stuffed crab, frog legs, and a cinnamon roll with ice cream for dessert.

7.) Made it home in time to see the fireworks show at the stadium. The show was timed to some cheesy patriotic music on one of the local radio stations.

After reviewing my dietary choices for today, it's easy to see why Southerners are overweight and die young of heart disease. Oy Vey. I'm so full I hurt. Shall waddle myself off to bed.

RE: Cheesy patriotic music...If I never hear Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" again it will be too soon.

1 comment:

Claire M said...

What a memorable composite page for your holiday weekend. This is a great idea to capture so much on one page.

P.S. I just found your blog after reading your comments on Laure Ferlita's blog about commonplace books. I'd never heard of these and I was quite interested. I have several previously "blank" books that I scribble interesting quotes into - trying to get all my scraps of paper organized. Thanks for the info!!