Saturday, June 26, 2010

Budwiser Summer Concert

Chris Loggins was the opening act. Drew him then everything else on stage in great detail because there wasn't an interesting person in the crowd to draw.

Then, be still my little Ninja Sketcher heart, this family sat down to my right.

Pappaw Ponytail had the most interesting angular face. Also loved the way his ponytail fell away from his forehead.

Thought it was cute that his granddaughter had the same ponytail. I loved the graceful, delicate swoop of her hair from the nape of her neck to the ponytail holder. (She's wearing a light pink shirt, scanner lost the color, dang.)

Then I focused on the left side of the crowd. Saw the guy in the middle and had to draw. Drew the other folks because I liked the composition of the grouping.
I was sitting on the top row of a low bleacher, center stage. Most of the crowd was behind me. I sat up there in front of God-n-Everbody staring at people and drawing them like I had no manners or sense. It's a miracle somebody didn't call the law on me.

Excited about how these people sketches were turning out, I hopped off the bleachers and went to the back of the crowd so I wouldn't be so obvious. Things didn't turn out well back there. I was too far away from folks to see them clearly and I started making dogmeat of their faces.
Discouraged, I put the sketchbook away and rejoined Hubby. By now his hiney had gone to sleep and he needed to stand up and walk around. We went to the back of the crowd again and stood for a while. I wanted to draw, but not people.

Looked around and saw this Harley across the street. We took up a position on a park bench where I could see the bike and Hubby could still see the stage. A planter box was in the way and I was too lazy to stand up to capture the bottom details so I just drew the bushes.
I wanted to draw it simply with bold brush strokes so I broke out The Magic That Is The Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and had a go. Actually painted this on site.

Showed the drawing to the bike's owner as he was leaving. He told me this was a special edition bike and only 84 were made. He had to go to Waco, TX to get it.

Having had all the fun we could stand, we retired to the diner down the street for a late night breakfast, then home to bed. Hubby actually stayed out until 12:30 am. I was soooo proud of him, my little ol' man husband!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun sketches! Loved the Harley.....want to do more motorcycles someday. Weather is to be cooler this week. Good news! D