Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aunt Bee

Raena (who seems to be my muse lately) commented: "I am sure that if you wanted to sit and do a perfect painting, you could easily do it!"

I laughed and agreed with her at first, but then started wondering...

Could I? Could I really give up my illustrationist ways and do a realistic painting if I wanted to?

Thought I would give it a shot with "use THIS reference photo" challenge #10.


While I did forgo the thick, black ink lines and wild paint splotches I so dearly love, I don't think this qualifies as "realistic" and it's nowhere close to "perfect." Sorry Raena.

I really like how the bee turned out, but Oh!...(eye roll)...those petals belong in the dustbin. Gahhhh!

2 comments:

Timaree said...

Are you kidding? This is terrific. I love the little ant in the pic.

Unknown said...

The paddy wagon is on its way to get you!