Friday, July 24, 2009

Childhood Treasures


I thought it would be a neat idea to do a series of all my treasures. The first one I wanted to paint was a seashell. I've moped around for four days now doing everything but painting that little seashell. I couldn't get motivated. I did other things, drew other stuff. Something just didn't feel right.

So today I gave up on the whole treasure series idea and started putting everything back in the treasure box. Then the monkey spoke to me (figuratively) and I sat down right then and drew and painted him and his buddies.

I guess the little seashell didn't want to be drawn or its story told. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.


----------------------------------------
Process notes:
Painting has improved; composition has tanked. :(

No comments: