Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day at the Farm

Journaling:

Lots of good food and family. Lots to be thankful for. Started the day with pie...ended the day with pie. 5 pies - 10 people - do the math. I'm very thankful for pie.

We came for the pie, we ate the pie, and, thankfully, we did NOT take pie home.

Between supper and seconds the men disappeared throughout the house to take a nap. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, the women gathered in the living room to talk about the men.



Sissy was snuggled in an afghan fighting the Nap Monster. I fetched my sketchbook thinking I would have an oblivious sketch target in a few minutes. Everybody laughed when they realized what I was doing and woke her up, dangit.

She wouldn't let me sketch her whole lovely self, so I had to settle for her legs and her itty bitty feetsies.

Yep, Size 6 is itty bitty. I wear Size 9. There's no fear of me tipping over.

2 comments:

Karen Blados said...

Laughing ... cool sketches! I thought about sketching dinner, but I wasn't fast enough.

john.p said...

Great sketch and story! As a sketcher I bet you are both loved and tolerated in the family.