Sunday, November 1, 2009

15 Seconds of Fame

I was thrilled and honored to find my little sketch blog had been listed in a Web100.com article "10 Inspiring and Idiosyncratic Sketchblogs." Woot!

Author Katherine J. Chen wrote:


"Speck’s artwork is surreal and imaginative, yet also grounded in everyday reality. On the same page, she can draw a purple Sleep Monster as well as a quick sketch of the local DMV. Her drawings and watercolors are usually labeled with captions that personalize her work, followed by her own scathing criticisms of each piece. Speck covers a wide variety of seemingly random objects that ultimately only enrich her blog, from giraffes to paintbrush holders to studies on Albert the Dog-Nosed Fish."


Very high praise indeed! Thank you very much Ms. Katherine!

I was doubly honored to find I was included with a group of professional artists whom I greatly admire: Anthony Zierhut, Andrea Joseph, and Bill Fehr. Wow! These are enormously talented people and then there's little ol' me. I stick out like a turd in a punchbowl! LOL!

Thank you Katherine Chen and Web100.com for making my day a whole lot brighter. Now I'm going to dog paddle to the edge of my bowl, dry myself off, rub a few crayons on some paper, and try to live up to my newfound reputation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!! You are very talented and I'm glad someone of knowledge recognized this!
DF

john.p said...

Ya done good . . . and deserved!