Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yesterday's News

What I draw in the wee hours of midnight when I really should be drawing something else...or working on lots of other chores and projects:



But sometimes I just need to draw that mundane thing in front of me to feed my soul. Know what I mean?

Drew it using a Sheaffer Desk Pen and Noodler's Bulletproof Black ink. The pen is a fountain pen with an extra-fine nib for writing, not a drawing pen. But it lays down the most fabulous wet, juicy lines with this ink. No more dry skippy art markers for me!

2 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Very nice, I got two new pens from Dick Blick today, called Pilot Parallel pens... one with a thin nib and one fat one... they are VERY smooth for writing... maybe I should try to draw with them... love your midnight newspaper drawing... I'm such a geek I get my news 'online'... aaak... how to draw that? Like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll worry about that tomorrow :-)

Speck said...

Capt Elaine - I think you will like your Parallels. Everybody who has one loves it.

On the news thing, how 'bout drawing your computer monitor with a screen shot of the online news feed? If that's how you get your news, then that's what you draw I suppose.