Friday, December 18, 2009

The She Journal


I claim I don't want to do bookbinding, but let me watch a how-to video and out come the paper, needle and dental floss.

Teesha Moore - How To Make a 16-Page Journal - Easy-peezy one-stitch, one signature binding that takes about three minutes to complete. Momma likes easy-peezy.

Made this cute little 24-page, 4" x 6" landscape journal out of three pages of Academie 65 lb, 9" x 12" watercolor paper. My original thought was to fold three sheets in half and have a 12-page, 6" x 9" booklet. But once the pages were folded I got a wild hair and cut them in half. I didn't have a journal in landscape format, plus more pages are better.

Why "She"? I don't know. Maybe this journal will be a tribute to the awesomeness of womanhood or something like that.

Barf.

Not likely.

Anyway, I don't know why "She", it just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

2 comments:

Sarah M said...

Fabulous. I always say I don't want to do bookbinding either. I'm afraid to click the link in your blog entry because it might turn me into a liar too. ;-)

Speck said...

Aw, go ahead, you know you want to. It takes longer to watch the video than it does to make the journal!