Saturday, November 1, 2008

Crazy Ar-teest Hat


EDM #58 - Draw a Hat.

It says:
"Hubby said if I was going to be a crazy ar-teest, I needed to have a crazy ar-teest hat...one with a big sunflower on it. So I stole his favorite boonie hat and made one."

"The sunflower is made of cardstock with magic markers and Sharpie."

"People in this town already think I'm nuts, so if I go about wearing this hat it will only confirm their suspicions."

All I need now is a flowing, crazy ar-teest caftan in a wild print to wear with it. I'll look like I escaped from an Arizona ar-teest colony.

There's a hole in the cardstock where the snap goes through to hold on the flower.

It looks rather scary-goofy. Or rather I look pretty scary-goofy when I'm wearing it.

And I made me some crazy ar-teest glasses to go with my crazy ar-teest hat.

Bwahahahahaha!

I ain't right.

3 comments:

winna said...

If anybody intimates that I am a nutty artist, when they are so obviously a dullard--I should consider it a compliment--but just as often puzzle at what the heck they mean--I read in your profile many of the same items I like too---again your work is masterful with wit being a big plus...

Speck said...

Thank you Winna. I decided to embrace my creative weirdness about ten years ago and life has been a joy since then.

"The world is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel."
-- Horace Walpole (1717-1797),

Timaree said...

When I moved to Minnesota my daughter was starting her last year of high school. She loves hats and wore one to school only to be ridiculed by kids who had grown up together in a very small community. I told her not to give in, to just tell them she was from California. Everyone outside of California thinks Californians are crazy or weird or both. Once they decided she was crazy I said, they wouldn't be surprised about anything she might come up with. That equals freedom. So go ahead and get crazy-weird. Then you'll be free to do what you want. I like your hat.