Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooky Bee Girl



This is one of my 7-month-old triplet great-nieces in her Halloween costume. She was ecstatic about being a bee! Her two sisters, not so much.

--------------------------------
First attempt at a portrait
4" x 6" watercolor on wc paper





I know this is a bit repetitious, but here is the journal page for today. I printed out a copy of the the original painting using a color printer and regular copy paper and glued it in my journal. It may not last, but eh. There it is.



Had to go in and digitally edit out the baby's real name. Her bloggity name is "Butterbean."

3 comments:

Monette Satterfield said...

Such a great portrait! I'm a fan now - adding you to my follow list :)

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love your work and thanks for sharing this lovely bee!

Speck said...

Thank you Monette and Leigh!