Monday, April 18, 2011

Presents from Dee

Miz Dee, my intrepid sketching partner, got me some cool goodies for my birthday.

First, there's a Strathmore Visual Journal with 90 lb. Mixed Media paper. I think I might use it for the Every Day in May drawing challenge.

Second, gardening gloves with a pansy design because Miz Dee gets all a-twitter when Hubby makes me work in the yard. She says it's good for me. Sigh.

Third, an "artsy" card and bookmark by Marjolein Bastin. The bookmark says, "Nature paints with color... Friends paint with kindness and caring." The card came in an envelope sealed with a matching sticker of a paint tube mooshing out paint. Too cute!

2 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Oh what thoughtful gifts from Ms.Dee... she sounds like a treasure. Can't wait to see sketches from your next outing together. Does Ms. Dee have a blog too?

Speck said...

No, unfortunately Miz Dee doesn't have a blog. She doesn't think her sketches are good enough for the world to see. *eyeroll* This from a woman who has won awards for her watercolor paintings, and ended up selling most of them! Pfft!