Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Visit to Sissy's House

Monday, Sept 7, 2009

Arrived about 5:00 pm and got the grand tour of the brand new "old farmhouse." I hadn't seen it since they moved in and gotten it decorated. Love, love, love the deep wraparound porch. Perfect for sitting out in the porch swing in the evening.

These huge morning glories came up as volunteers. Probably were in the flowerbeds of the old dairy farm homeplace.


Everywhere I looked there were huge clumps of surprise lilies. Lots and lots and lots of surprise lilies.





Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2009


Sissy's Brand New Old-Timey Stove


Went to bed at 9:30 last night so by 4:00 am I was done sleeping. Piddled around and ate breakfast before Sissy got up. We were both shocked.

Worked on Sissy's project which entailed tromping around in the swamp. Saw a critter hole with what I think were snake eggs.

Sissy sprayed me down with baby powder Off before we went. I ended up with that sickeningly sweet musty old lady smell because of it. Must remember to avoid powder products forever. I hate that smell.

Sissy made cabbage rolls for supper at my request. They were just like Mom's only better. Crashed at 9:30 pm again.



Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2009


Up before the rest of the household again. Opened all the windows and started drawing in the early morning quiet.

Went shopping with Sissy and scored six very expensive shirts for Hubby for under $100. Woot! Also found the Merrell clogs I've been wanting, but they were NOT on sale. :( Very expensive for our tight budget.

Lunch at Jason's Deli then the long three-hour drive home.

Hubby wanted smothered hamburger steak for supper. First time in 27 years he has requested this. Luckily I vaguely remembered how Mom made it. It came out OK I guess.

Figured out late that Chelsea probably has a UTI. Sigh. Trip to the vet early tomorrow morning.

No comments: