Friday, September 25, 2009

Poached Egg Gone Bad



Finally got around to prying out the yucky pan paints from the travel palette and replacing them with good tube paints. The less used and high intensity (a little dab will do ya) colors got a tiny blob in the mixing wells in the lid.

Now I can have just one palette on the desk when I paint instead of three. Yay!

When I squished all the fresh paint into the wells I just had to paint something, anything. Didn't want to think about it, just wanted to cream paint on paper. That's how I ended up with the Poached Egg Gone Bad masterpiece above. I guess it could also be titled Toasty Cheese Danish, or simply Breakfast.

It's painted on a scrap piece of paper with a partial Escoffier recipe on the back, so a food title would be appropriate.

No comments: