Monday, August 22, 2011

Some Days I Feel Like a Queen...


Doing a little late-night ink test with a new Sharpie Grip pen. I've been fighting Noodler's Bulletproof Black and Pigma Micron ink on 32lb laser printer paper. The inks just don't ever dry.

I've even tried blasting the ink with a hot hair dryer thinking maybe it would set since the paper is designed to set ink with heat. It didn't work. The ink still ran after hours of dry time when watercolor was applied. It was frustrating.

The Sharpie ink performed like a champ. After I finished doodling I capped the pen and started slathering paint immediately. No bleeding at all. Fabulous!

The only drawback is the ink in the Sharpie Grip pen has a grayish-green cast to it. The Sharpie stick writing pen ink is crisper and blacker. But they aren't any fun to draw with. Blech.

4 comments:

Timaree said...

How are you doing on the no smoking?

I am having trouble with inks drying too. Sharpies seem to work the best on the drawing and watercolor papers I am using.

At least some days you feel like a queen. I don't think I ever do.

Speck said...

On those queen days I feel a little like QEII - a hunnert years old and a little doddery.

As of this writing (the wee hours of Aug 27) I am beginning Day 22 of smoke-freeness. I went patch-free for almost 24 hours yesterday. The after supper craving got to me though. Had to slap on a patch.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Good for you Speck... 22 days... you've broken the cigarette habit... now that nicotine addiction... it is a TOUGH thing to give up, but you can do it... we're all pulling for you.

Timaree said...

Hang in there! You are doing great so far.