Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girl with Turban



Ever had something so very fleeting spark an inspiration? I did tonight. I saw a girl walking down my street in the dim twilight. I couldn't see her very well. All I could pick out was the turban and the purple shirt.

I knew I had to draw. Raced back inside and started flinging ink and paint with big, fat brushes. The real girl probably looks nothing like this but this is how I remember her in my mind's eye.

Thank you Girl with Turban, whoever you are, for the inspiration.

4 comments:

Timaree said...

Nice job on following your inspirtation. I don't think it really matters if it looks like her or not. You got the purple shirt and the turban and those were what caught your eye.

Speck said...

Thanks freebird. This was one of those that was easy. It flowed from the pen and brush without much help from me. I was just along for the ride. I love it when that happens.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you post again. Neat picture. dee

Sharon~heartsongs said...

You are very talented!!